Information Security Education And Awareness Phase – II under the scheme "Digital India and Manpower Development"
- Capacity building in the area of Information Security to address the human resource requirement of the country.
- Generation of core research manpower to undertake basic/fundamental research, applied research, research in the area of Product/Solution design and development and in selected thematic areas of national strategic importance to build indigenous capability.
- Introduction of Information Security curriculum in formal courses like M.Tech./M.E./M.S., B.Tech/B.E., Post Graduate Diploma courses etc., faculty training, modular/short term knowledge oriented courses etc. through academic institutions,
- Launching non-formal modular/short-term knowledge-cum-skill oriented courses, etc., for working professionals at all levels including the flexible certificate programs, certification scheme through NIELIT, CDAC, etc.
- Launching formal courses on virtual mode using the NKN Network to expand the capacities.
- Training of Government personnel.
- Creation of mass information security awareness targeted towards:
- Academic Users: School level – Children, Parents & Teachers, College level – Students & Faculty,
- General Users: Small enterprise/Business users, SME Sector/Non IT industry, NGO’s, CSCs, Cyber cafes and general public at large.
- Government Users: Central/State Government employees (non IT professionals), Legal / Police professionals, etc.
- Creating a national repository of courses designed course contents and learning material, MIS about the professionals trained through this scheme, Technology Forecast and Assessment, changes in the market trends and the resultant human resource requirement etc.
- Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Government of India.
- 63 lakhs
- Period of five years starting from 16th November 2015
- Dr Suvendu Rup
"Theoretical investigation on non-local transport of particles in sediment-laden turbulent flows using fractional diffusion equations"
Sediment-laden flow plays an important role in the evolution of river beds, estuaries and even the coastlines. Therefore, this is a long-standing topic of interest to Hydraulic engineers, Coastal engineers, Geologists, Hydrologists, Mathematicians. In an open-channel turbulent flow, vertical transport of sediment particles is described by the traditional advection diffusion equation (ADE). The ADE is developed using the Fick’s first law for sediment dispersive flux. In Fick’s first law, particles are assuming to have a random Brownian motion and upward movement of particles during a given small time interval are constrained to a small distance to neighboring positions which follow a Gaussian probability density function (PDF) with finite variance. On other words, the traditional ADE considered local transport of particles. But during turbulent bursts, (ejection and multi-ejection) particle moves from bed level to the surface. Essentially, the process of bursting in the near-bed flow provokes a non-local transport of particle which is a Lévy motion instead of Brownian motion. A variety of field and theoretical studies suggests super-diffusive non-locality in transport of traces on Earth surface. These facts signify that use of the space-fractional derivative instead of integer order derivative in ADE is more reasonable to count the effect of non-local transport in such open channel turbulent flow to find distribution of suspended particles. Therefore, is project gives a new window how further theoretical development can be done in turbulent flows, to study different characterizes of turbulence more accurately using fractional differential equations.
- 18.17 Lakhs
- Period of three years starting from 2018
- Dr Snehasis Kundu
DST-FIST "Bioinformatics Lab "
DST, Govt. of India has identified Department of CSE for strengthening the existing infrastructure in Level1 category for setting up a Bioinformatics Research Lab under "Fund for Improvement of S&T infrastructure in universities & higher educational institutions (FIST)-2013” program. Prof. Anjali Mohapatra is the Program-Coordinator of this lab. This Lab provides the computational facilities to the under graduate students, post graduate students, research scholars and faculty members across the departments. It is equipped with high-end workstations, desktops, 3D viewing screen including advanced software tools for simulation and modeling of Bioinformatics- Applications as well as development and analysis of the Algorithms related to this area.
- 50 Lakhs
- Period of five years starting from 2014
- Dr Anjali Mohapatra
"Cross Lingual Information Access - II"
Cross Lingual Information Access-II is funded by Department of Information Technology, Ministry of Communication and Information Technology, Government of India as a part of CLIA consortium. The CLIA consortium consists of 12 institutes (AU-KBC Chennai, AU-CEG Chennai, CDAC Noida, CDAC Pune, DAIICT Gandhinagar, IIIT Hyderabad, IIT Bombay, IIT Kharagpur, ISI Kolkata, Jadavpur University, IIIT Bhubaneswar, Gauhati University) with IIT Bombay as leader. The objective of the project is to design an online search engine for Indian languages like Google. Indian language search system (Sandhan) has been developed by the CLIA consortium.
- Department of Electronics and Information Technology, Government of India.
- 70.84 Lakhs
- Period of five years starting from 2012
- Dr Rakesh Chandra Balabantaray
"Remote Communication and Control of solar lantern"
This research oriented project is completely focusing up on the development of an electronic hardware platform which will be responsible for data accusation from a solar operated portable lighting system. After the accusation of data related to solar energy generation, consumption and validity of service period of portable lighting system, data will be store in a micro SD memory chip and simultaneously transmitted to a central internet server through cloud server technology. By using cloud monitoring platform one can observe the energy related data of solar lantern as well as could control the subscriber energy demand. Maintenance facility as well as linkage of better supply chain management could also be established.
- Scene Connect ltd, UK
- 2.33 Lakhs
- Period 9 months starting from Oct 2016
- Dr Bijayananda Patnaik